Maesdown Road Bridge
Johnson 'half-cab' no.41708 descends the bank to Mendip Vale.
Credit: Jim Cobb, 12/07/2003
Maesdown Road bridge is the the only publically accessible over-bridge on the ESR and affords excellent views of the railway. This was also the location for a goods station between 1866 and 1874 to service the nearby Bramble Ditch Quarry. After 1874, the stone was moved by tramway to the nearby Dulcote Siding (now Merryfield Lane) and these days there is no trace of the station.
During 2005 and 2006, a footpath was built between Mendip Vale and Maesdown Road bridge, at last giving public access to the platform. Photo galleries are available for the 2005 work and the 2006 work.